Tour de Frack: One Cause, 15 Days, 400 Miles
This July concerned citizens will embark on a two week bike tour from July 14-July 28, 2012 from Butler, PA (about 45 miles north of Pittsburgh) to Washington DC along the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) and C&O towpath (C&O).
Along the way, the tour will:
- Organize, facilitate, and coordinate with events along the trail
- Explore sites of proposed wells
- Study renewable energy sources (wind, solar, and water power)
- Point out the continuing damage caused by coal mining (acid runoff, mountain top removal)
- Support local economies
- Deliver personal accounts to the White House, EPA, Congress, and other bodies in DC
The tour ends in Washington DC just in time for the national “Stop the Frack Attack” demonstration.
Check out the Tour de Frack website for more information and to sign up to ride!